Naukasana Boat Pose
Naukasana or Boat Pose is also known as Navasana. Word Naukasana is a Sanskrit word. Nauka or Nava means boat and asana means pose or posture or position. So in simple words,in this yoga pose body looks like boat that’s why it is known as Naukasana or Navasana or The Boat Pose.
While performing Naukasana, the final position of the body into V shape balancing on the buttocks. Naukasana can be perform in different variations.
Naukasana is very useful if done properly for reducing the belly and hip fat.
Naukasana Boat Pose Steps
- Lie down on the back, with legs together.
- Both the hands near to the body. Palms on the ground.
- Raise both the legs simultaneously up yo 45 degree and then raise your back, chest and face.
- Open the hands and keep towards the fingers of the legs. There will be a shape of the boat. This is somewhat tough posture. So do pregress gradually without making hard efforts to the body.
- Stay for 30-60 seconds then come back and relax.
Naukasana Boat Pose Variations
- Purna Naukasana – Full Boat Pose : In the Purna Naukasana, the legs and back are lifted high and arms extend forward and parallel to the ground
- Ardha Naukasana – Half Boat Pose : In the Ardha Naukasana, the hands interlace behind the neck and both back and shoulders are closer to the ground.
Naukasana Boat Pose Benefits
- It makes the abdominal muscles strong.
- It also strengthens the lower back and legs.
- Stiffness of joints are removed.
- It is too good for liver and pancreas.
- It is the best for the disease of liver and pancreas.
- There is a massaging effect to the internal organs of the belly.
- Improves digestion.
- Increases the pace and activity of spinal cord and intestine.
- Reduces belly and hip fat.
Cautions while performing Naukasana Boat Pose
- People who are facing major problems of spinal cord should avoid Naukasana or Boat Pose
- Also who are having high Blood Pressure or heart disease should do it with great care or they must perform Naukasana – Boat Pose under expert supervision.