How to Do Sheetali Pranayam
- Sit in any meditative posture.
- Pull out your tongue up to 1/2 -3/4 inch and fold by both the sides as it becomes like a pipe.
- The tongue will be pressed between both the lips. Tongue will remain like the pipe at both the sides inside and outside of the mouth.
- Now do “Purak” (to inhale) through the inside of this pipe means inhale.
- Then exhale through both the nostrils.
- This is called a one round.
- Similarly one can do more rounds.
- At least 8-10 rounds, we should do.
Benefits of Sheetali Pranayam
- Sensors on the tongue are awakened.
- Aliveness comes in “Manipur Charka” (Navel Centre).
- Appetite increases.
- It gives soothing to the whole body.
- It is benefited in the paralysis.
- Problems occur due to “Pitta” typed ayurvedic nature, like sour belching and acidity are cured.
- Toxins of the body are removed.
- If there is much hot in the body, do yoga practice, perform this Pranayam.
- It is the best in the summers and hot regions (geographical) – and also for the people with “Pitta” – typed aurvedic nature.
Cautions while performing Sheetali Pranayam
- The room in which, you are going to practice this pranayam, its temperature should be less than the outer side temperature.
- During inhalation, cool air should go inside, not hot air. If hot air goes inside, it causes reverse effects.