How to Do Surya Bhedana Pranayam
- Sit in “Padmasan” (Lotus Posture) or “Siddhasan” (Perfect Posture).
- Close the left nostril with two back fingers (ring & little).
- Inhale from the right nostril. Do “Jalandharbandh” (Chin Lock).
- Do “Kumbhak”.
- Then exhale through left nostril. This is called a one round of “Suryabhedan” (Sun Piercing).
- Similarly do the other rounds.
Benefits of Surya Bhedana Pranayam
- Diseases arising due to gas are removed.
- Worms are destroyed.
- Cough- arising diseases are also removed.
- It gives a great relief in the problems regarding coldness.
- It brings warmness in the cold countries and cold season to the body.
- If there is excessive cold and “Suryabhedan” (Sun Piercing) is done the warmness comes.
- People having weak body should not perform this “Pranayam”.
- It removes asthma, cold, cough.
- Anemic people must do this pranayam.
Cautions while performing Surya Bhedana Pranayam
- People having “Pittta” typed aurvedic nature, should not do this “Pranayam”.
- During summer and in hot regions, this “Pranayam” should not be done by any one.