How to Do Vajrasana – The Thunderbolt Pose
- Sit on the mat.
- Sit with both legs together and stretched.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the thigh, comfortably.
- Bend the right leg from the knee as the big toe remains inside.
- Set the heel outside touching your buttock.
- Similarly bend your left leg and place the left big toe near the right big toe and heel outside. Sit on the sole of your both legs.
- Leg from ankle to knee will touch to the ground. Both the knees will be together.
- Keep the back and neck straight. Put the hands on the leg.
- This is the only posture which can be performed after eating.
- By doing this posture for 2 to 5 minutes., after eating – it makes digestion easy.
Benefits of Vajrasana – The Thunderbolt Pose
- Efficiency of stomach increases.
- It is good for gas trouble, acidity and constipation.
- Pain in sole, lower part of the leg, ankles, knees and thigh is removed.
- Regular practice is very beneficial in fever, constipation, indigestion and dyspepsia.
Cautions while performing Vajrasana – The Thunderbolt Pose
- People having problematic knees should take a great care and calmness for this posture.